Today the focus in this article will be on happiness, what is it really all about?
Imagine what and how would your world look like being happy all the time. How would your life be different if you were happy all the time?
It seems lie all of us want to be happy. In fact in most polls i have read people say that they want peace and happiness more than anything else in the world. The problem is: most of us are looking in the wrong places.
Recent studies have been revealed thanks to a multi disciplinary team of six British specialists who span a variety of disciplines from psychology, psychotherapy to economics who embarked on an unusual social experiment. They took an unusual experiment and the challenge to find out what does it take to make residents of a town happy?
Ten things which when you do them all regularly will not only improve your life in your community but will make you happy and contented.
So let me get to the point and share what those are?
1. Plant something and nurture it. When you water and feed plants they grow. When you water and feed the seeds of your interest- they grow. Check my article on Focus and Goals for help on how to do this.
2. At the end of each day stop and think how fortunate you are. Think of five things in your life that you are grateful for.
3. Make time to talk to your partner. Every week sit down for at least an hour and talk with your partner or someone you love. That's one hour without answering the 'phone or watching TV or listening to music. One uninterrupted hour with your loved one.
4. Make that 'phone call that you keep promising yourself you will make. Contact the friend with whom you haven't spoken for a while.
5. Treat yourself. Give yourself a treat every day and take the time to really enjoy it. Be good to yourself. This simple act breeds; self confidence and positivity and happiness. Having a healing session leaves you feeling peaceful happy and energised for information please visit HealOneSelf.
6. Have a good laugh at least once a day. Laughter helps to stimulate your immune system. Research shows that laughter is important for people who survive a heart attack. It has been found that people are less likely to have a second attack, need less medication and have lower blood pressure if they allow themselves to see and laugh at humorous situations each day.
7. Exercise. Make the effort to walk, run, jog, swim, whatever for half an hour three times a week. Guaranteed to reduce stress and make you feel good. I have my great personal trainer Will Pike, who i train on weekly basis, if you don't have one, i highly recommend to get on.
8. Every day smile at and/or say hello to a stranger. Smiling is not only good for the person receiving it also makes you feel good too.
9. How long do you spend watching TV? Research show that too much TV actually causes unhappiness. So make an effort to cut your viewing time by half.
10. Every Day do a good turn for someone.
Now it's down to you.
MY CHALLENGE TO YOU
Implement at least 3 of the 10 seeds of happiness into your life for two months and see the difference it makes.
P.S I am running a great workshop on 30/31 March, Be Yourself, Change Your World, that i
know you'll absolutely love. It will take you on a journey of inner discovery. For further information and how to book please click HERE!
© 2013 Tony Jeton Selimi . All rights reserved.
Tony J Selimi has created his own methodology and is known as Teacher of Inner Wisdom, Chakra Healer and an Intuitive Personal Coach that helps you gain Confidence, overcome your Fears and align yourself and your life purpose with your heart desire. He has over 15 years of experience working with a range of individuals and businesses, from entrepreneurial start-ups and family-owned companies to big corporations in the city of London, Europe and USA. During this process, he gained confidence and an understanding of himself as to how he could function in the most healthy, happy and effective way.
Sign up to my news letter and receive 10% off on all coaching, healing products and services, you will be receiving inspirational bi monthly newsletter full of tips and resources to help you achieve your goals so you can experience a more balanced and successful life. http://www.thevelvetjourney.com/index.html